SAVE THE DATE!
|18th Annual California Paraeducator Conference
|Inspire - Motivate - Engage
April 14-16, 2015
Fairmont Hotel San Jose
Mark your calendars for the 18th Annual California Paraeducator Conference, sponsored by the California School Employees Association. This conference is open to all classified employees, with a special focus on paraeducators.
Registration Fee is $99 per person (includes two breakfasts and all class instruction)
Housing Rate is $141 per night, single/double occupancy (plus applicable taxes)
Scheduled Classes will include:*
- Common Core for Students w/ADHD NEW
- Come Create Student Success – CCSS for Students w/Mod-Severe Disabilities NEW
- A Paraprofessional’s Role in Increasing CCSS Instructional Fidelity NEW
- Tools, Technology & Tips to Increase Student Focus & CCSS
- Supporting Mental Health Needs in the Classroom NEW
- Cognitive Behavior Intervention NEW
- Behavior Basics for PARAs
- Dealing w/Difficult Behaviors, Could it be Communication? NEW
- COOL ZONE for Students w/ADHD NEW
- The Road Less Traveled: Working w/Students who are Non-Verbal NEW
- Organizing Students w/Autism
- Autism and Asberger’s, A-Z: Assessment to Zany Conversations
- Universal Design For Learning NEW
*And many more still in the planning stages…
5 Reasons You Will Want to Attend the 2015 Conference!
You don't want to miss this opportunity to:
- Meet and network with paraeducators, teachers and other key staff members from other school districts.
- Discover tips and information to sharpen skills and enhance job performance.
- Attend diverse workshops covering common core standards, communication, proactive behavior management, autism, strategies for students with significant cognitive disabilities, and others.
- Learn techniques from the experts for improving student behavior and overall school success.
- Walk away with ideas that you can implement in your own school districts or classrooms.
The registration brochure should be available mid-October. To request a copy once completed, contact Leslie Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org