Accounts Payable Specialist
California School Employees Association
The California School Employees Association has over 210,000 members who work in 750 school districts in California. Our members provide support services to school children by acting as para-educators, administrators, food service, bus drivers, nurses, and skilled employees in grounds, maintenance and operations.
CSEA is the largest independent classified school employee union in the world. We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist (formal job title Financial Services Assistant IV) for our San Jose Headquarters. Below are examples of duties and qualifications.
- Coordinates and controls all accounts payable functions.
- Prepares financial reports, statistics and analysis.
- Organizes schedules and expedites payments.
- Maintains records of all leased vehicles and coordinates insurance.
- Verifies credit card purchases and account distribution.
- Prepares tax reports and financial statements.
- Directs and reviews the work of assigned personnel.
- Opens, verifies, balances, and adjusts accounts and other financial records.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To be considered for the position please send resume and cover letter by July 20, 2012, to: Jason Santander, CALIFORNIA SCHOOL EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION fax: (408) 435-5021 email: email@example.com
- Four (4) years of recent experience with increasing responsibility in advanced accounting work, including accounts payable.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Experience with Great Plains software helpful.
- Experience arranging data and numbers to convey statistical analysis and reports.
- Experience extracting information and uploading data to vendor websites.
- Experience with financial databases.
- Ability to be flexible and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High school degree required
- College level courses in accounting and fund management a plus.